Tuesday, February 26, 2013

from hudson taylor


"My experience was that the less I spent on myself and the more I gave to others, the fuller of happiness and blessing did my soul become"


The secret of faith that is ready for emergencies is the quiet practical dependence upon God day by day which makes Him real to the believing heart.


"How then to have our faith increased? No by striving after faith, but by resting on the Faithful One."

John 7:37-39 - "If any man thirst, let him come unto ME and drink" Who does not thirst? Who has not mind-thirstheart-thirsts or body-thirsts? Well, no matter which or whether I have them all - "Come unto me and. . ." remain thirsty? Ah no! "Come unto me and drink"

What, can Jesus meet my need? Yes, and more than meet it. No matter how intricate my pathhow difficult my service; no matter how sad my bereavementhow far away my loved ones; no matter how helpless I am,how deep are my soul yearnings -


Jesus can meet all, all, and more than meet. 

all quotes by Hudson Taylor

1 comment:

  1. What a precious post, and it truly met a present need in my life. "Not by striving after faith, but by resting on the Faithful One." That quote reminded me of the words of one of my favourite songs, "Faithful God." Thank you for taking the time to share!
    - The Lord's Handmaid

    ReplyDelete