Wednesday, September 25, 2013

when one does not write for a couple of months

When one does not write for a couple of months,
it is hard to know where to begin.  

And I'm not sure that this is the best time to begin again,
because there have already been some pretty funny slips of the fingers 
while I have been typing and slips of the tongue while I've been talking tonight.  

But something that has been mulling around in my head lately
as the Lord has given so many opportunities to read and hear and learn and discover
so many things, is that it would be so good to write.  

And one can say that they are busy.  
And one might be. 
Really Busy.
With more 'things to do' than there are 'hours in the day'. 

Yet, this one is pretty sure that life will probably never get less busy.  
And a lot of things in life, important things, will have to happen because they will probably never just  happen to happen.

So, Lord willing, there will be more things happening in this quiet corner.
(notice, I make no promises!) 
Writing about Jesus, the Gospel, life in ministry, unreached places and people.  
Thoughts after reading books and listening to sermons and studying Scripture.
Probably a smattering of funny stories about life too, because I want to remember things like that. 

But for now, all that is left to say is,
good night!  
  

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, I miss your sweet self! And this lady would be quite happy to see more things happening in this quiet corner:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see more, dear friend!
    - handmaidofthelord

    ReplyDelete