Monday, August 22, 2011

{today}

today I am delighting in the simple things of life. . .

looking around the table at lunch and seeing the faces of dear friends

the calm of reading outside under a tree after long hours working on my computer

watering flowers (even though it always seems that I end up being almost as wet as the plants)

the hilarity of teaching myself Greek :)

quiet evenings where you can just stand and watch the sun set over the lake.

and today I am thankful for special memories. . .

like Saturday morning when all the men on campus made breakfast for the ladies, treating and serving us royally while keeping us laughing

going for a bike ride with a friend to the town library and each of us finding a cozy and quiet corner to study and work for a couple of hours


and today I am expectant for what lies ahead!   Our God is our Creator and Sustainer.  He has promised that He will continue the work that He has begun.  "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:  By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2

1 comment: