Sunday, November 13, 2011

to wait.

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him. 
He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defence; I shall not be moved. . ." 
Psalm 62:5-6

what does it mean to wait?
Over the last couple of weeks, I've had such a longing to take a peek into the future, to see what will happen, to flip to the next chapter. 
This past Thursday, we had part two of a special student life activity (I have a feeling some future students may be reading this, so I'll keep quiet about what it is!)  Eager students began showing up over 30 minutes early.  And when I walked in and saw all the students had arrived before the Lakehouse had been set-up my first thought was "No, this cannot be. . .they shouldn't see anything until we are all ready for them.  It takes some of the sparkle out if you watch the transformation of the room." 

The Lord used that to teach me about waiting.  He has something splendid up ahead. . .something that He uniquely orchestrated.  There is a time and a season for everything.  And He asks that I stay where He has placed me, until He ushers in the next season. 

to wait.

to trust.

to believe.

That is what I am called to do, in every circumstance and every season. 

"Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: 
God is a refuge for us.  Selah."
Psalm 62:8

4 comments:

  1. Well stated. It's a good lesson - one that we continue to learn!
    Thanks for sharing what God has been revealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    I LOVE the new look of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the timely reminder, Nicole,on the importance of waiting on God. Important at any age or circumstance in life. Also, I really like the new page set up. The row houses shining in the rain with the "wheelie bins" outside the doors remind me of home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for clarification Nicole. The comments on your blog come from me(Grandma)not from James Scobbie!! as posted. Talked to your Mom earlier who thought that was neat of Grandpa to write about the "wheelie bins" on the rainy street! Actually I am very curious to know where your blog pictures were taken? they are beautiful, all that you have posted.

    ReplyDelete