Friday, June 10, 2011

The Seasons Change

. . .for everything there is a season. . .
The cold of winter to the new life of spring.  Spring's crisp mornings to summer's bright sun.  And then fall comes;  sometimes gradually and other times with abruptness. 

. . .for everything there is a season. . .

Yet those are not the only seasons.  There are the seasons of quiet reflection and seasons of full schedules.  There are seasons of joy and seasons of pain.  Of loneliness and company.  Seasons of learning and seasons of teaching. 

. . .for everything there is a season. . .

Tomorrow begins yet another new season in my life.  These past three weeks have been such a sweet rest and I will always remember the oh so quiet mornings and watching the sunset from my window each evening.  The fellowship of the few left on campus,  reading through a pile of books, the adventures of the 'mop ladies' (doesn't that sound intriguing?) and the schedule that was open for spontaneous walks.  This could also have been the season of ice cream; I honestly believe I have had more ice cream in the past three weeks than in the previous three years. 
. . .for everything there is a season. . .

While this time has been such a beautiful gift, I'm excited for what the Lord has ahead.  For the start of this new semester.  Like one of the girls said recently, "I think I should just get used to my life not being normal".  I'm not expecting my life to be normal - how could it be when the King of the Universe is the One directing.  But I do know that will be a glorious adventure of seeking to know Him more and glorify His name through my little life in this corner of the world.

. . .for everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. . .
Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment