Tuesday, June 7, 2011

today {is the Lord's}

{today}
weeding 'party' at 7:00 am
raking rocks
moving woodpiles
finding frogs
wishing that we could somehow cool down
. . .
fellowship over lunch
trying out the new frozen yogurt place
. . .
emptied two Wal-Marts of their entire stock of twin mattress pads
two big carts filled with pillows
oh so hot today
adventure in finding second Wal-Mart
. . .
fellowship over supper, all together
laughing, joking, sharing
. . .
rescued wilting plants with a watercan and magicgrow
watered the lawn
laundry
quiet
sunset


Those who know me, probably know of my affinity towards to-do lists and post-it notes.  I love knowing what needs to be done and having the satisfaction of checking  off each task.  But lately I have begun adding a little note at the top of each list.  And that note reads "today. . .is the Lord's".    It's a reminder that His agenda is the one that I am here to work, not my own.  I might accomplish all that I have written out, other days may go by with everyone of those things remaining unchecked.  It is a lesson He is continually teaching me - not to be so caught up in what I think should be done that I ignore His voice.  Oh, may we be a people so attentive to the leading of our Saviour; that every moment of every day we may be offering our lives and very bodies as living sacrifices.

1 comment:

  1. Today is the Lord's, and tomorrow and the next day....praying for you as the new semester starts this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete