Wednesday, July 6, 2011

bi·cy·cle

I rode a bike for the first time in a long time a couple of days ago.
Isn't it funny how some things are so familiar?

The feeling of freedom and exhilaration with the wind in your face.
(and I checked - I can still ride with no hands)

And I decided that for travel

a bicycle is the way to go.

Walks are good when you have lots of time

or are feeling contemplative

or want to chat with a friend.

And I won't deny vehicles have their place

(like coming on a road trip to visit me!)

But you end up missing so much of the scenery.

Whereas with a bicycle

there is that perfect balance of having time to soak in the surroundings

and still getting where you need to go.  


2 comments:

  1. Did you get a bike or use someone elses? Was it pink???:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was borrowing someone elses. . .and no, it wasn't the sweet pink one that always (without fail) remainds me of a certain someone :)

    ReplyDelete