Sunday, December 18, 2011

the sunday before Christmas ramblings



As I sit here, curled up with a blanket and listening to Christmas music playing softly in the background, it seems like the perfect time to go on a ramble. . .

ram·bleWalk for pleasure in the countryside, typically without a definite route.

Isn't a ramble with a definite route rather defeating the purpose?  Sort of like planned spontaneity?  Something to ponder, I suppose. . .

Out the window the city lights are twinkling and I can see the steady stream of vehicle headlights.  So different from the view from my campus window.  I love how each season, each place where the Lord has you is p.e.r.f.e.c.t. for that time and season.

The concept of surrender is one that has been on my mind and heart for the past month.  When it seemed as if I would not be coming home for Christmas. . .oh! how hard that was.  To surrender my family, my hopes and dreams spending the holidays with them (and we love our family traditions)  I have a feeling from here on out, I'll not be able to listen to "I'll be Home for Christmas" without fearing uncomfortably close to tears :)  

And then to turn around and then surrender leaving my wee little campus home without a sure date of returning.  Oh! how the Lord desires His children to walk in dependence and with open hands. 


"The faithfulness of God is the only certain thing in the world today. 
We need not fear the result of trusting Him." 
John Stam


Isn't that a beautiful quote?  Tonight it so resonates with my soul. . .HIS faithfulness is the only certain thing.  Who knows where we will be tomorrow; what we will be doing and why.  But the man or woman who trusts the Lord shall not be moved nor shaken. 

And that sounds like a good note to end a ramble upon. . .

goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment