Friday, January 13, 2012

awake

Last week, I saw this on a friend's blog and was inspired.  And it seemed a lot more 'doable' than the 300 word thing at this point in time.  (question: is doable a real word? or is it one of those made-up words?)  

"For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not." from this site

It was hard, really hard, not to stop or push the backspace button.  But it has been so good this month to do things that are hard or new or challenging.  So for five minutes I wrote whatever came to mind based on one word.


and this week's word is {awake.}
go.

Every morning I awake, His mercies are new. As the sunshine fills my room, joy can enter my heart for I know that my Redeemer liveth. And He has called us, comissioned us to be His ambassadors. We are called to go out into all the world, proclaiming the glories of Him who called us out of darkness and into His glorious light. For the God that we serve is light and there is no darkness in Him. No fear, no evil, no guilt, no pride, no shadow. He is light; pure and shining far brighter than the sun. It is because of Him that we can face the challenges that each day brings. It is because of His life that we are equipped to go walk victoriously along this pilgrim way. Our souls have been awakened to the truth, the truth that sets the captives free. The truth that changed our lives and that still changes lives. He is glorious and mighty to save and it is this God that we wake up to each morning. And as the sun shines through my window, my King beckons me to spend another day walking by His side and learning from Him. Awake, my soul, and praise the Lord.

stop.

2 comments: