Thursday, February 23, 2012

a snowy evening

s.n.o.w.

my 13-year old brother loves it 
(he is into anything hockey and has been bemoaning our dry winter)

my Mum could do without it 
(she has to drive in it)

my 16-year old brother appreciates it 
(more snow shoveling = more income)

my Dad would rather not talk about it 
(a five minute drive took close to 45 minutes)

my 20-year old brother is glad that it isn't typical 
(he ended up walking to work this evening)

as for this one?  No where to go 'till tomorrow.  And snow falling makes for such cozy evenings to sip tea, listen to classical radio and crochet.  Oh, and to read.  This and that and maybe the other
......................................
and here is an excerpt from the Valley of Vision. . .such a beautiful, rich and powerful collection of Puritan prayers.  It is so amazing to realize again that the truth and life found in Christ does not change from generation to generation.  

"Thou hast loved me everlastingly, unchangeably,
  may I love Thee as I am loved;
Thou has given Thyself for me,
may I give myself to Thee.
Thou hast died for me,
may I live for Thee,
in every moment of my time,
in every movement of my mind,
in every pulse of my heart."
"Christ is All"




No comments:

Post a Comment