Tuesday, September 27, 2011

and sometimes she acts blonde

Yesterday one of the guys on campus offered to teach how to change the oil in a car.  It was on my 'list of things to learn' so I was excited about the opportunity. 

We gathered around eagerly, soaking in the mysterious world under the hood of a car.  Just a side note, I have a feeling that the only thing that is made for a woman to do (without a training course!) is to add windshield wiper fluid.  Everything is grey and confusing and the same looking. . .except for the blue cap with the picture of a windshield - Hey - I can do that one!

Towards the end of the lesson, a couple of the other guys came by and were asking our teacher questions to be sure that we had all the essentials covered. 

"What about the blinker fluid?  Did you tell them about that?"

"Oh, that is right. . .when your turn signals stop working and the lights go out, you'll need to refill the blinker fluid."

And then - without thinking - I blurted out  "Really?  When our lights would burn out, my Dad would just changed them."

Yes.  I really said that.*

I could try something in my defense.  I could say that my mind was so full of the new world of dipsticks, filters, donut tires, and the differences between synthetic and conventional oil that I simply wasn't. . .

No, I don't even think I'll try to redeem myself.

If there was any pride in my heart after learning how to change the oil in a car, the Lord definitely dealt with effectively! 

*a note to anyone uninitiated. . .there is no such thing as 'blinker fluid'.  If your lights happen to go out, do what my Dad does and change them :) 

1 comment:

  1. That is just too funny, Nicole! Blonde you are....but we love you that way! :)

    ReplyDelete