Monday, September 26, 2011

new beginnings

graduation picture. . .thanks Kristi! 
to everything there is a season

and a time to every purpose under the heaven. 

What a beautiful promise.  I have been thinking a lot of seasons lately - maybe because summer is fading into fall outside my window (it is a novel thing for me to experience the seasons fading).  And maybe because it is coming up to a year that I've been here, and that our class recently graduated from the year long program.  Saying goodbye to dear friends was harder than I thought.  It's been quite the year - truly the most intense, joyful, stretching and beautiful year or my life.  And the friendships that God has given me have truly been such gifts. 

Yet, even while I'm adjusting to the changes, there is an expectant excitement that is filling my soul.  Excitement to hear how the Lord works and moves in each life as they step forward in obedience.  And such joy, knowing that as we walk with the Lord, things only get richer, deeper and better.  We can step into a new season, a new beginning, with humble confidence knowing that each day is simply an opportunity to know and love Christ better.  May He be glorified! 

No comments:

Post a Comment