Tuesday, September 6, 2011

in which {for the fourth time in seven days}

I prepare to travel again.

Living so far from home, I am extremely grateful for modern travel.

Yet sometimes it seems rather odd.

How in one week you can sleep in three different places that are approximately 1,000 km apart.

How you can wake up one morning in Canada and be eating lunch in the United States.
 . . . . .
It is such a gift to be home.  To hear the familiar voices of my brothers and parents.  To sit around the supper table together and just enjoy looking around at everyone.  To go through my bookcases and agonize over the decision of which ones will be coming with me this time.   To hear the city sounds; traffic over the highway, neighbours talking outside, sirens going in the background. 

I'm off to savour the last few hours of family time. . .

2 comments:

  1. It was nice to hear a sister again, and the hearing us boys was a good thing, right? ha ha
    God bless you Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete