Friday, May 13, 2011

pil·grim

For the past six months I have lived with a suitcase under my bed.  And counting my trip in a couple of days, I will have packed/unpacked that suitcase twelve times in those six months.  Needless to say, it's been rather transient :) 

Now, I love travelling.  In fact, airports are one of my favourite places to be in the world.  It's just been a little odd living in such a continual state of moving.  And it has also been interesting often not knowing how long I will be in one place.  

The Lord has shown me how He remains constant, despite my location.  How He is the One closer than a brother, when I'm far from home.  How He is the Rock on which my life is built around.   He is faithful and true.  

It has been such a reminder that we are called to be pilgrims here on earth.  To remember that this place, this life, is not the destination.  Our time here is important, but there is something far richer ahead.  

And it is my prayer, whether or not the Lord continues to move me around, that those lessons will sink deep into my soul and that I will never forget how it feels like to live with a suitcase under my bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment