Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{today}


photo by Kristi
 . . .is a good day for reading.

The wind is gently blowing, the dorm is quiet.  There is a stack of books by my bed that have been there for a long time now, and my mental list of books to read seems to be continually increasing. 

One of the books I'm reading through is the Scottish Chiefs {wish I had a copy as amazing as the one in the picture!}. 

It has been about a year since I first read it.  Friday nights during the Selah they read it aloud but I missed every one but the last {which put me in such a Scottish mood I was humming 'Loch Lomond' all the rest of the evening}  So I decided that these next three weeks would be a good opportunity to reread it. 

Every once and a while I'll put down my book and hop up to clean a room or make a bed in preparation for the conference this weekend.

But I keep coming back to my room and the stack of books.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely marvelous! Is there a place for moms like that?? I have a stack of books as well, if only there was more time to sit and read! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will just have to plan a trip down in a couple of months and bring that stack of books :)

    ReplyDelete