Sunday, May 15, 2011

Second Spring

While I was in the States this winter, I received a number of comments regarding Canada as being the land of snow, ice, igloos and yaks.  The whole thing with yaks I was able to discount - you'll have to visit the Himalayas to get a chance to see one of those.

As for the comments regarding snow and ice, there really wasn't anything I could say because from November through April the 5-day forecast for back home was below zero and snow flurries.  In direct contrast, spring arrived early (or was it that winter never arrived. . .) where I was.  Since February (or so it seemed) I was watching for green in the grass.  It was beautiful watching the change of seasons and the new life that is intrinsically linked with spring. 

When I arrived back home, there was still snow in the back of our garden and the landscape once again brown.  Yet over the past three weeks, I've once again been able to watch the change of season.  Once again there is the excitement over trees budding and flowers blooming.

And it has been a reminder of how the Lord works - how He brings life and beauty and order to a life surrendered to Him.   He is constantly working and accomplishing His purposes in this world.


"Behold, I am doing a new thing;
   now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
    and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

No comments:

Post a Comment