Monday, October 3, 2011

ramblings

I'm really not sure that any of this will make sense - it has been a l.o.n.g. full day. 

300 words in random, rambling form here we come!

Isn't amazing that we serve a God who changest not?  I don't believe that we appreciate that fact truly.  He. changes. not.  From everlasting to everlasting, He remains the same.  His character is fixed and His nature has been revealed.

. . . .

It was another exciting day in the office again today (my first day in the office was complete with a power outage!).  Oh, what a blessing it is to work alongside of people who simply love Jesus and are seeking to put Him always, ever first in their life.  What joy was in the office all day as upwards of five of us were in there, with others popping in and out.  Putting Christ first never robs the fun out of life, as some would have us believe.  Rather, without Him, there is no true joy.

. . .
I recorded the voice mail message for the office phone.  It was rather intimidating to this girl, who doesn't even like leaving messages.  The fact that there was  audience in the background calling out encouragement and suggestions was near as bad as the adrenaline jarring 'beep' that preceded the time I was suppose to leave the message.  The first couple of times I think I was shaking!  Then the phone and I had a battle of wills, concerning whether or it was going to replace the generic message with mine, but human prevailed over machine eventually.

. . .
Today it seemed so much like fall...the leaves blowing off the trees whenever a gust of wind went by.  And how beautiful they looked, falling golden to the ground.  Tis the season for apple crisp, soups and cups of tea. 

. . .
"But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge that I may tell of all your works."  Psalm 73:28

. . .
I have no clue how many words that has been.  All I know is that my heart is so full, words simply fall short.    May you delight in Christ and His wonderful works this evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment