Tuesday, October 4, 2011

you know it is fall here on campus. . .

. . .when you get leaves caught in your flip flops :) 

I just got inside from jumping and sitting in the first pile of leaves.  Another girl and I (both of us being interns) got the urge to do it at the same time, and oh! how wonderful it was to sit outside in the midst of the wind that was blowing.  We had quite a bit of fun throwing armfuls of leaves in the air and watching the wind scatter them.  A couple other girls went by and commented on how the interns were behaving :)  Well, one cannot behave properly and refined all the time and we figured it was better to get out our childlike urges now before the new students arrive!

Oh, and I have started receiving birthday mail :)  I now have a cute wee pile at the end of bed.  The plan is to make it to my birthday without opening anything, but it is rather tempting already.

Today was an office morning and a cleaning afternoon.  Mid-way through the cleaning, people came by for a quick campus tour.  So I shook the cobwebs out of my hair and switched gears again.

As I sit here, in my room that is looking more and more homey every time I walk in (thanks to my wonderful roommate - I simply been flying in and out the last couple of days!) my heart is so full of thankfulness.  And it is not just because Canadian thanksgiving is coming up :) 

I am just so thankful for my Savior.  For all that He is.  When I really truly think about it, I realize how amazing it is that He knows us - completely - and loves us - absolutely - and that He desires us to know Him.  Oh, may we not take one second for granted.  May we continually seek after Him, run after Him with all our might.  May eternity truly be stamped upon our eyeballs (in the words of Jonathan Edwards) that we may live in such a way the glorifies our Lord and Master. 

*Once again, I didn't count the words up in this post.  But my Dad informed me that the last post was something like 350 so I'm going to go forward in the assumption that this is similar in length :)*

No comments:

Post a Comment