Thursday, October 13, 2011

tonight

I am sitting in my upstairs room, with the reflection of the Christmas lights around the window reflected in the mirror. 

I can hear precious children from Honduras and Ethiopia practicing their choir songs, singing 'our God is greater, our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other.'   What a joy it is to share a campus with these kiddos - I love walking across campus and seeing them playing soccer.

I am sitting with a cup of tea, looking at my two birthday bouquets (yes, I was very spoiled over my birthday!)

I am listening to the soundtrack from this blog (which has become something of an evening tradition)

I am reminded of my need for my God.  He is all I have and all I need.  He fills all in all.  I know that 'dependent' isn't necessarily a very popular word these days, but oh. . .that is how I am upon my Heavenly Father.  Paul Washer has a quote that goes along the lines of "I used to tell preachers that in order to preach they had to have the power of God on their lives.  Now I tell them that in order to tie their shoes they need to have the power of God upon them." 

. . .from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same, the name of the Lord shall be praised. . .

2 comments:

  1. sounds very similar to my evening. =)

    Miss you deary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that I wasn't around tonight to have a conversation over cups of tea! But I did get lots done on my Christmas Tree skirt. :) Sounds like you had a good evening....

    ReplyDelete