Wednesday, October 5, 2011

tonight i feel like

Tonight I feel like a computer with too many screens open.

There have been a number of times in the last three hours that someone has asked me a question and it is a physical exersion to simply think.

If I was a computer you would see the little hour glass shape (if I was a PC) or the colourful spinning circule (if I were a Mac).

Maybe I should attempt to write 300 words in the morning, when things are working a little smoother :) 

....

Last summer, I read an Oswald Chamber's quote which profoundly challenged me.  Lately, the Lord has been reminding me of the same concept and I dug and found the quote:

"Have you the slightest reliance on anything other than God?  Is there a remnant of reliance left on any natural virtue, any set of circumstances? . . . It is quite true to say - 'I cannot live a holy life,' but you can decide to let Jesus Christ make you holy.  'Ye cannot serve the Lord your God'; but you can put yourself in the place where God's almighty power will come through you.  Are you sufficiently right with God to expect Him to manifest His wonderful life in you? . . .  If we really believed that God meant what He said - what should we be like!  Dare I really let God be to me all that He says He will be?" - My Utmost for His Highest, July 9

It is easy to say things such as

"oh, yes, I trust God"

"He is my All in All"

"The Bible says the God is our Provider"

But what about our lives? 

Are we truly living like that is really real? 

Are we letting God be in our lives all that He has promised? 

Or are we clinging to our fleshly abilities, desires, hopes and fears? 

I remember a line from a song from years ago and all that I remember is 'playing gameboy standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon'

That line impacted me because I always wanted to - and still do! - visit the Grand Canyon. 

Is that how we are living, holding on to something trite and familiar while something vast and glorious is within view? 

photo by lauren
Oh, may we be a people who take God at His word, and may every moment of every day be a showcase of His glory and for the advancement of His kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. You are a cute Mac circle!! I hope you had a good rest last night and are feeling a bit more rested :) Keep writing - we all so enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete